What is Sports Therapy?
Sports Therapy is an aspect of care that is specifically designed with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to the optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability.
It utilises the principles of sport and exercise sciences incorporating physiological and pathological processes to prepare the participant for training, competition and where applicable, work.
Out Therapist are healthcare professional who have the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes
- provide the immediate care of injuries and basic life support in a recreational, training & competitive environment
- assess, treat and, where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- provide appropriate sport and remedial massage in a sport & exercise context
- plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes
Sports Therapists are not Physiotherapists, but Sports Therapists will apply “physiotherapy” skills because physiotherapy is defined as “the treatment of disease, injury or deformity by physical methods including massage, heat treatment, electricity and exercise, rather than drugs or surgery”
Our therapists are full qualified and insured and have a experience working with a variety of clients in assisting with preventive treatment and injury recovery and will able to tailor a program to get you back to where you want to be.
Our therapists will be able to identify anyone for whom treatment would be ill-advised or detrimental to their short or long-term well being. They will assess each individual and provide and advise on alternative action if required.